NEET Biology Body Fluids and Circulation
Body Fluids and Circulation PDF Notes, Important Questions and Synopsis
- Blood is a fluid connective tissue made of plasma and cellular elements.
- According to the ABO blood group system, there are four blood groups—A, B, AB and O. O type of blood is called a universal donor, and AB type of blood is called a universal recipient.
- Lymph is a tissue fluid which supplies oxygen and nutrients and also has a role in the defence mechanism
- Hearts in Vertebrates
Amphibians & Reptiles
- Two-chambered heart
- Three-chambered heart
- Four-chambered heart
- One atrium, one ventricle
- Two atria, one ventricle
- Two atria, two ventricles
- Cardiac Cycle
- The series of events which occur during one complete beat of the heart is called a cardiac cycle.
- Contraction is also known as systole, while relaxation is known as diastole.
- The duration of one cardiac cycle is 0.8 seconds.
Atrial Systole and Ventricular Diastole
Ventricular Systole and Atrial Diastole
- During each cardiac cycle, approximately 70 ml of blood is pumped out of each ventricle which is called the stroke volume.
- ECG or electrocardiogram is the graphical representation of the electrical activity of the heart during a cardiac cycle.
- The instrument used to obtain ECG is called an electrocardiograph.
- Double circulation means blood passes through the heart twice.
- Pulmonary circulation
- Systemic circulation
- The hepatic portal system connects the digestive tract and the liver. The hepatic portal vein carries blood from the small intestine to the liver before it is sent into the systemic circulation.
- The coronary system of blood vessels takes care of the circulation of blood to the cardiac wall of the heart.
- serum differs from blood in
- Question in the attachment
- Are B-lymphocytes and T-lymphocytes present in the blood also? Or are they present only in lymphoid organs? If they are present only in lymphoid organs and lymphoid tissues, then how are the antibodies produced by B - lymphocytes present in the blood? Does it secrete antibodies into the blood?
- ⭕ Plz tell me the correct answer...thanks☺️
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number