NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English CBSE
NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions are considered the best revision notes for CBSE Class 9 students. TopperLearning’s NCERT solutions for Class 9 English include prose textbook solutions and poetry textbook solutions that help you to appreciate the English language and understand it better.
English is one of the most widely used languages for communication across the world. CBSE Class 9 English introduces you to some of the prominent works in English literature. At TopperLearning, our objective is to empower you with a rich compilation of English literature Class 9 study materials and self-assessment resources. These resources include CBSE Class 9 English sample papers, previous years’ question papers, CBSE Class 9 video lessons, video assessments, webinars, online tests and more. With free access to some of the best Class 9 resources at TopperLearning, you can prepare well for your Class 9 English exam and aim to score top marks.
Our NCERT solutions for Class 9 English textbook include all chapters from the Class 9 English Beehive Literature Reader and CBSE Class 9 English Moments Supplementary Reader by NCERT. The chapter-wise solutions help you to prepare for your English exam in a structured manner. Be it a quick review of a chapter from the ‘Moments’ section or a thorough revision of Beehive NCERT Class 9 chapters, you can easily access the important NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English provided by our experts at TopperLearning.
NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions on TopperLearning.com are prepared in line with the latest CBSE syllabus for Class 9 English literature. These solutions are created by experienced English teachers to help you score well in your English exams. While learning a language subject, it is natural to come across doubts. If you need help at any point during your learning process, just visit the ‘Undoubt’ section at TopperLearning to ask questions, and our English subject experts will respond to your queries promptly.
Updated NCERT Textbook Solutions Coming Soon!
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Chapters
Our NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions — Beehive are created by our English experts as per the latest CBSE Class 9 exam guidelines. The Beehive section includes NCERT solutions for Class 9 English for 11 chapters from CBSE Class 9 English Beehive (Prose) and 10 chapters from CBSE Class 9 English Beehive (Poem). In CBSE Class 9 English Beehive (Prose), you will find NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions for chapters such as ‘The Fun they Had’, ‘Kathmandu’, ‘My Childhood’ etc. NCERT solutions for CBSE Class 9 English Beehive (Poem) include solutions for poems such as ‘Wind’, ‘The Road Not Taken’ and ‘The Snake Trying’.
Moments Supplementary Reader 2013
Some of the best stories in English literature are part of your CBSE Class 9 English — Moments section. Through the NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions Supplementary Reader (Moments), you will be able to explain the significance of diverse pieces of English literature. The chapters covered in this section include ‘The Lost Child’, ‘The Happy Prince’ and ‘The Beggar’. Revise the CBSE NCERT solutions for Class 9 English — Moments by some of the best English educators in the country to understand why these pieces of literature are considered important.
Main Course Book 2013
The NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions — Main Course Book at TopperLearning cover chapters from 7 units. These 7 units take you through chapters based on themes such as ‘People’, ‘Adventure’, ‘Environment’, ‘Radio and Video Show’, ‘Mystery’, ‘Children’ and ‘Sports and Games’. The chapters of our NCERT solutions for Class 9 English for the Main Course book section include ‘Tom Sawyer’, ‘Life Skills’, ‘Harry Potter’, ‘Hockey and Football’, ‘Radio Show’ and ‘The Final Flight’. When you read the chapter solutions, you’ll learn the significance of events and characters in each chapter and enjoy the stories in your CBSE Class 9th English syllabus even more.
Literature Reader 2013
This section includes NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions for Literature Reader for the five Class 9 English Fiction chapters, seven Class 9 Literature Reader poems and two Class 9 English Drama lessons. In the CBSE Class 9 English Literature Reader section, you will find NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions for chapters such as ‘The Brook’, ‘Villa for Sale’, How I Taught My Grandmother to Read’, ‘A Dog Named Duke’ and more.
You can also refer to NCERT Solutions which consists all solutions for all subjects of Class 12 Science, Class 11 Science, Class 10, Class 9, Class 8, Class 7 and Class 6.
Why are NCERT Solutions important?
NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions can be useful while completing your English homework and during exam revision. Also, use the other learning materials such as chapter notes, sample papers, webinars etc. at TopperLearning to work towards becoming a topper in class. In addition, our study materials will assist you to practice grammar and comprehension questions for your exam preparation using CBSE Class 9 English Practice Test.
With the help of NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions for the CBSE Class 9 English textbook, you can read and practice the answers for each chapter in your English book. It will not only help you to improve your English language skills but also to score more marks in your Class 9 final exam.
You need the right vocabulary to express your thoughts about a certain extract of prose or poetry. You will need the right words or points to explain a piece of literature that is part of your syllabus of CBSE Class 9 English. At TopperLearning, experienced English teachers prepare detailed answers for the questions present in the NCERT English textbook according to the exam guidelines shared by CBSE. So, practice with our NCERT solutions for Class 9 English to enhance your writing skills.
Make your exam preparations more effective by adding NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutionsto your study plan. Study some of the well-known prose and poems in English with ease. Understand the works of popular writers such as Sudha Murthy, Oscar Wilde, J. K. Rowling, James Kirkup etc. When you learn from NCERT solutions for Class 9 English, you learn to understand the style of authors and poets whose works are covered in your syllabus of Class 9 CBSE English. You’ll develop an interest in reading more works by these writers. When you read more, you become more fluent in using the language.
NCERT CBSE Class 9 English Solutions - FAQs
1. Which Beehive poems are covered in CBSE NCERT solutions for Class 9 English literature?
TopperLearning’s NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions for Beehive section include the following poems:
- Chapter 1 – The Road Not Taken
- Chapter 2 – Wind
- Chapter 3 – Rain on The Roof
- Chapter 4 – The Lake Isle of Innisfree
- Chapter 5 – A Legend of The Northland
- Chapter 6 – No Men Are Foreign
- Chapter 8 – On Killing A Tree
- Chapter 9 – The Snake Trying
- Chapter 10 – A Slumber Did My Spirit Seal
Utilize the complete chapter notes and Class 9 English Beehive sample papers to thoroughly prepare each English lesson from your Beehive English textbook.
2. CBSE 9th English NCERT solutions are available for which Class 9 English Beehive Prose chapters?
On the TopperLearning e-learning portal, chapter-wise NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions are available for the following list of Class 9 English Beehive Prose chapters:
- Chapter 1 – The Fun They Had
- Chapter 2 – The Sound of Music
- Chapter 3 – The Little Girl
- Chapter 4 – A Truly Beautiful Mind
- Chapter 5 – The Snake and The Mirror
- Chapter 6 – My Childhood
- Chapter 7 – Packing
- Chapter 8 – Reach for The Top
- Chapter 9 – The Bond of Love
- Chapter 10 – Kathmandu
- Chapter 11 – If I Were You
3. I need the list of CBSE English Class 9 Moments chapters for which NCERT solutions are available.
At TopperLearning, you’ll get free access to NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions for the following chapters from the Moments section as per the syllabus of Class 9 CBSE English:
- Chapter 1 – The Lost Child
- Chapter 2 – The Adventure Of Toto
- Chapter 3 – Iswaran The Storyteller
- Chapter 4 – In the Kingdom of Fools
- Chapter 5 – The Happy Prince
- Chapter 6 – Weathering The Storm In Ersama
- Chapter 7 – The Last Leaf
- Chapter 8 – A House Is Not A Home
- Chapter 9 – The Accidental Tourist
- Chapter 10 – The Beggar
4. Where can I find the CBSE 9th English Main Course book answers for questions from the NCERT books?
You can find solutions for textbook questions from all the NCERT books for Class 9 English easily at TopperLearning. Our NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions Main Course book include chapter-wise answers for the following CBSE Class 9 English chapters:
Unit 1 - People
- Chapter 1(A) – An Exemplary Leader
- Chapter 1(B) – A Burglary Attempt
- Chapter 1(C) – Can You Know People You Haven’t Met
Unit 2 - Adventure
- Chapter 2(A) – The Final Flight
- Chapter 2(B) – The Sound of The Shell
- Chapter 2(C) – Ordeal In The Ocean
Unit 3 - Environment
- Chapter 3(A) – The Indian Rhinoceros
- Chapter 3(B) – Save Mother Earth
- Chapter 3(C) – Save The Tiger
Unit 4 - Radio and Video Show
- Chapter 4(A) – Radio Show
Unit 5 - Mystery
- Chapter 5(A) – The Indian Rhinoceros
- Chapter 5(B) – Save Mother Earth
- Chapter 5(C) – Save The Tiger
Unit 6 - Children
- Chapter 6(A) – Tom Sawyer
- Chapter 6(B) – Children Of India
- Chapter 6(C) – Children And Computers
- Chapter 6(D) – Life Skills
- Chapter 6(E) – We Are The World
Unit 7 - Sports and Games
- Chapter 7(A) – Grandmaster Koneru Humpy Queen Of 64 Squares
- Chapter 7(B) – It’s Sports Day
- Chapter 7(C) – Hockey And Football
5. Which chapters are part of the Literature Reader section of the CBSE Class 9th English syllabus?
You’ll learn about English Drama and English Fiction through the chapters in the Literature Reader section of the syllabus of Class 9 CBSE English. There are 7 poems in the Literature Reader section as well. The Literature Reader section of CBSE Class 9 English includes the following chapters:
- Chapter D.1 – Villa For Sale
- Chapter D.2 – The Bishop’s Candlesticks
- Chapter F.1 – How I Taught My Grandmother To Read
- Chapter F.2 – A Dog Named Duke
- Chapter F.3 – The Man Who Knew Too Much
- Chapter F.4 – Keeping It From Harold
- Chapter F.5 – Best Seller
- Chapter P.1 – The Brook
- Chapter P.2 – The Road Not Taken
- Chapter P.3 – The Solitary Reaper
- Chapter P.4 – Lord Ullin’s Daughter
- Chapter P.5 – The Seven Ages
- Chapter P.6 – Oh, I Wish I’d Looked After Me Teeth
- Chapter P.7 – Song Of The Rain
At TopperLearning, you’ll get free access to NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions for all the Literature Reader chapters. Also, you will get free access to NCERT Solutions for Class 9 which consists of all subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Civics, Economics, History, English, Hindi, and Mathematics.
6. What are the benefits of Class 9 NCERT Beehive Solutions for CBSE students?
With the help of NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions, you can easily understand how to write correct answers for questions from the Beehive section of your syllabus. The NCERT solutions for Class 9 English will also support you while attempting answers for questions from CBSE Class 9 English sample papers and Class 9 English previous years’ papers.
7. How should I go about learning the different sections of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English?
At TopperLearning, you will find well-organized NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions for Beehive, Moments, Literature Reader and Main Course Book sections from the CBSE syllabus for Class 9 English Literature. You can begin your revision by practicing solutions for one section at a time. Our CBSE NCERT solutions for Class 9 English will make it easy for you to quickly revise specific chapters from a particular section before your exam.
8. Are the chapter-wise solutions for NCERT books free?
The chapter-wise NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions for Class 9 students are free at TopperLearning. You can utilize our student dashboard to access our structured NCERT solutions for Class 9 English. You just need to check out our Class 9 study materials to find our free CBSE NCERT Class 9 English solutions for revision.
9. How to study the Moments chapter-wise NCERT solutions for Class 9 English?
If you are in a rush to revise your English lessons, you can read the CBSE 9th English NCERT solutions by our experts. For grasping the concepts and improving your writing skills, we advise you to write and practice our Moments CBSE NCERT solutions for Class 9 English. If you are looking for additional revision study support materials, you can check out the textbook solutions, CBSE Class 9 English revision notes, syllabus, Multiple choice questions - MCQs, MIQs and more at TopperLearning. We also provide online weekly tests, webinars, Fill in the blanks, True or False, etc. as part of our Class 9 learning resources.
10. Why should I use the study materials on TopperLearning for revision of Beehive Class 9th English chapters?
TopperLearning’s textbook solutions such as NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions are created by English experts. Our well-written answers for textbook questions, sample paper questions and previous years’ paper questions are invaluable for understanding your English lessons. If you can understand what’s the crux of each chapter, you’ll be able to write better answers in your English exams.
11. What kind of questions are covered in English language and literature exam?
There are different types of questions in your Class 9 English exam paper. Some of the types of questions are MCQs, short answer questions, long answer questions and very long answer questions. Our NCERT CBSE Class 9 English solutions will assist you to understand what to write and how much to write for each type of question in your exam paper.
12. How do I find out about the marking scheme for Class 9 English exam preparation?
The marking scheme for your CBSE Class 9 English exam can be found in your English literature Class 9 CBSE syllabus. It will give you a clear idea of all the Class 9 topics as well as the Class 9 English exam marking scheme. You can download the printable PDF file of the latest Class 9 English syllabus at TopperLearning. Save the PDF file on your computer for offline access. If you want to use the syllabus for ready reference, you can take a printout of the CBSE Class 9th English syllabus and put it up next to where you study.
13. Where can I find the CBSE Class 9 English previous years’ question papers for exam prep?
For self-assessment, you can take mock tests with our free English literature Class 9 previous years’ question papers at TopperLearning. We have placed all the CBSE English Class 9 question papers with answers in the CBSE Class 9 section of our study portal.
You can also utilize our CBSE NCERT English Class 9 solutions and sample question papers for Class 9 English with answers for exam preparation. The more questions and answers you practice, the better will be your exam-writing skills. We suggest solving the CBSE Class 9 English question papers with a timer as per your exam timings. Analyze your answers with the solutions provided by our experts to understand the areas that you need to improve.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number