CBSE Class 12-science Chemistry Corrosion
Learn online with TopperLearning’s CBSE Class 12 Science Chemistry Electrochemistry – Corrosion study materials. Have a look at our concept videos to understand the different types of corrosion. Read about the factors which affect corrosion in our topic notes and textbook solutions.
Our CBSE Class 12 Science Chemistry sample papers include multiple choice questions and short answer questions to revise these important types of exam questions. In case you are worried about the exam day, our sample papers and previous years’ papers can benefit you a lot. For resolving doubts related to corrosion or other electrochemistry concepts, you can get support at our study portal’s UnDoubt section.
- What is Corrosion? Do we observe corrosion only in Iron?
- What are the essential requirements for corrosion to take place?
- Account for the following: "Alkaline medium inhibits the rusting of iron".
- Give three easier ways of preventing rusting of Iron.
- Why carbon dioxide dissolved in water increases the rate of rusting?
- Oxygen is essential for rusting. But a portion of iron rod in contact with oxygen is not damaged rather the other end is damaged. Explain why?
- Rusting of iron becomes quicker in saline medium. Explain.
- Iron does not rust even if the zinc metal coating on its surface is broken but the same is not true when coating is of Tin.
- What is meant by Cathodic protection of the Iron? Explain it taking the example of Magnesium attached to an Iron tank or pipe.
- How des galvanization of Iron Prevents its rusting?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number