CBSE Class 12-science Chemistry Corrosion
- What is Corrosion? Do we observe corrosion only in Iron?
- What are the essential requirements for corrosion to take place?
- Account for the following: "Alkaline medium inhibits the rusting of iron".
- Give three easier ways of preventing rusting of Iron.
- Why carbon dioxide dissolved in water increases the rate of rusting?
- Oxygen is essential for rusting. But a portion of iron rod in contact with oxygen is not damaged rather the other end is damaged. Explain why?
- Rusting of iron becomes quicker in saline medium. Explain.
- Iron does not rust even if the zinc metal coating on its surface is broken but the same is not true when coating is of Tin.
- What is meant by Cathodic protection of the Iron? Explain it taking the example of Magnesium attached to an Iron tank or pipe.
- How des galvanization of Iron Prevents its rusting?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number