CBSE Class 12-science - Corrosion Videos
Corrosion and Rusting of Iron
This video explains the meaning of Corrosion, electrochemical process, factors, Prevention of corrosion, rusating of iron.
- What is Corrision .What are the factor affecting it?
- The chemistry of corrosion of iron is essentially an electrochemical phenomenon. Explain the reactions occurring during the corrosion of iron in the atmosphere.
- What is Corrosion? Do we observe corrosion only in Iron?
- What are the essential requirements for corrosion to take place?
- Account for the following: "Alkaline medium inhibits the rusting of iron".
- Give three easier ways of preventing rusting of Iron.
- Why carbon dioxide dissolved in water increases the rate of rusting?
- Oxygen is essential for rusting. But a portion of iron rod in contact with oxygen is not damaged rather the other end is damaged. Explain why?
- Rusting of iron becomes quicker in saline medium. Explain.
- Iron does not rust even if the zinc metal coating on its surface is broken but the same is not true when coating is of Tin.