JEE Maths Statistics and Probability
JEE Class Revise
- If 8 coins are tossed what is the probability that no of heads are not less than no. of tails?
- If the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are arranged in a circle, then the probability that the sum of any two consecutive numbers must not be equal to 7 is?
- in what cases is binomial distribution used in probability?
- Three students took a test. The professor comes and tells them that only one has passed the test. “Which is it?” they ask. “I can’t tell you that,” says the professor. “I can’t tell a student their own fate before the results are declared.” Student A takes the professor aside. “Look,” he says. “Of the three of us, only one has passed. That means that one of my fellow students is still sure to fail. Give me his name. That way you’re not telling me my own fate.” The guard thinks about this and tells him, “Student B has failed.” Student A rejoices that his own chances of passing have improved from 1/3 to 1/2. But how is this possible? The professor has given him no new information. Or has he? What do you think? Has the chances of student A risen from 1/3 to 1/2 and if so, why? Or does it still remain at 1/3 and if so, why? Can you specify what the initial chances were of each student passing/failing, and what their chances are after the professor has shared the results for student B? Note that student C doesn't know anything about this conversation - has her chances changed too?
- The values of two regression coefficients are 1.2 and 0.3 respectively. Then correlation coefficient is.
- There are five clubs in Lucknow. If 3 singers check into clubs in a day. What is the probability that each singer check into a different club?
- The mean of 5 observations is 44 and variance is 8.24. If three of the five observations are 1,2 and 6, find the other two.
- A bag contains 4 white, 3 black and 2 red balls. Balls are drawn from the bag one by one without replacement. The probability that 4th ball is red is equal to : (A) 1/16 (B) 1/9 (C) 2/9 (D) 3/11 The probability that 5th ball is black given that 4 th ball is red is equal to (A) 1/8 (B) 3/8 (C) 2/11 (D) 3/11
- Fifteen coupons are numbered 1 to 15. Seven coupons are selected at random, one at a time with replacement. The probability that the largest number appearing on a selected coupon be 9 is?
- Sir pls solve the following.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number