CBSE Class 11-science Physics Equilibrium Of Rigid Body
- What do you understand by mechanical equilibrium of a rigid body?
- When will you say that a body is in partial equilibrium?
- For a rigid body to be in rotational equilibrium, prove that the sum of all the external torques acting on it is zero.
- Define couple and moment of couple.
- A cap of pen can be easily opened with the help of two fingers than one finger. Why?
- What do you understand by Mechanical Advantage?
- The mechanical advantage for a lever is greater than one. Comment on the statement.
- A uniform beam of length L meters and weight M kg supports two unequal masses each of mass m1 and m2 respectively, balanced at the opposite ends of the seesaw. Calculate the normal force N exerted on the beam by the support, and develop the equations for net force and net torque for the system using equilibrium conditions for a rigid body.
- Prove that the moment of a couple does not depend upon the point about which moments are taken.
- Distinguish between centre of gravity of a body and its centre of mass.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number