CBSE Class 11-science Physics Rolling Motion
- A child rolls down a bowling ball of 6 kg down the alley without slipping at a linear speed of 5m/s. Considering the moment of inertia as 1.5 x 10-2 kg m2 and radius as 0.23 m. Find the total energy.
- What percentage of total mechanical energy is translational when a spherical ball is rolled without sliding?
- The speed of a flywheel changes from 120 rpm to 300 rpm. Calculate moment of inertia of flywheel. If an energy of 500 J is spent in increasing its speed.
- The length of the second hand of a clock is 7 cm. Find the speed of the tip of the hand.
- There are two inclines on which two identical spheres A and B are made to roll and slide without rolling respectively. Which one will reach the bottom first?(Considering that the low of conservation of energy can be applied to this situation)
- What is the analogue for K.E. for rotational motion?
- Calculate the kinetic energy of a disc of mass 4kg and radius 40 cm rolling at 10 m/s.
- What is the relation between K.E. of a body and the moment of inertia when L is constant?
- Find the coefficient of friction of a solid cylinder which rolls without slipping down an inclined plane with .
- Radius of gyration is a constant quantity.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number