5 Reasons Why CBSE Sample Papers are the Best Option for Board Exam Preparation
Read about how CBSE sample papers can help you score more marks in your CBSE Class 10 and 12 board examinations.
The exam season will resume in July after the abrupt pause in the board exams because of the COVID-19 lockdown in March. Before the next exam season, students should focus on revision and practice by solving CBSE sample papers. Of course, there are other modules and resources for revision like past years’ papers, online tests, mock tests etc., but solving CBSE sample papers is one of the many ways to revise and practise which is no less important. Let’s discuss five advantages of sample papers and how they benefit students immensely.
- Know the Paper Pattern: CBSE sample papers follow the same pattern as the actual paper which includes both objective- and subjective-type questions. The sample paper also sheds light on other things like the marking scheme/distribution and an overview about the difficulty level of the actual exam. Besides knowing the detailed explanation of the paper flow and the types of questions, solving sample papers will surely help students do well in the CBSE Class 10 and CBSE Class 12 board exams.
- Get Better Revision: Solving multiple papers and checking the answers against the solutions written by experts helps you analyse your strong and weak points. This form of self-assessment helps greatly when you know on what to pay more attention to and on what not to. Solving at least one paper a day will keep exam fear away and help you be better equipped for the exams.
- Learn Time Management: The ideal way to solve a sample paper is to finish it within the stipulated time of 3 hours. When you finish one paper a day, and within 3 hours, you get used to a pattern and know how to divide time. When this keeps repeating regularly, you become faster, accurate and approach the paper with more confidence.
- Understand the Marking Scheme: As mentioned earlier, sample papers explain the marking scheme and marks distribution. These are important factors because even one mark is crucial for the board exams. Also, a prior knowledge of the distribution of marks allows students to determine how much to write and how much time to spend on each answer.
- Boost Your Confidence: When you constantly practise a certain question paper format which mirrors the actual paper pattern, you are in a better state to face the exam paper. Sample papers, if solved religiously, can help you stay confident and not become afraid when you have to answer the actual paper. You will have a calm approach towards the exam paper; this in turn will help you perform well in the CBSE board exams.
You can also read:
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project