Is A Career In Humanities/Arts After 10 Really For You?
Read on to know more about yourself and about the best courses after 10th in Humanities/Arts
“Creativity is about seeing what everyone else has seen, and thinking what no one else has thought.” – Albert Einstein.
Are you plagued by creativity? On some days, you may find it knocking vehemently at your ribs till you vent it out. Now, the questions is, what should a student like you take up as a stream after Class 10? If Science is not your cup of tea, and Commerce is too dull for you, you should seriously consider Humanities/Arts.
And why should you do that? Maybe because you are genuinely interested in subjects like English, History, Geography, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, and Political Science. Or maybe because you have full time hobbies that you want to pursue while keeping up with your school curriculum. Humanities/Arts as a stream is comparatively less tedious than Commerce and Science, and it facilitates overall development in students.
A Career in Humanities/Arts after Class 10
A lot of people may have a lot of opinion about Humanities/Arts as a stream. Let’s keep them aside for the time being. Sure your parents, relatives, friends, teachers, and other well-wishers were trying to help! But this is your life, so the choices you make should also begin with YOU. So, probe yourself!
Do you have a keen interest in the subjects that come under this stream? Maybe somewhere there is a discoverer in you who loves to dig into History. Maybe you are an explorer at heart, and like pinning places on the map, and knowing about soil conditions and direction of winds. You could be the most popular kid in class with exceptional skills of communication. And you take keen interest in the psyche of those around you.
If this is so, you will have a gala time if you take up Humanities/Arts as a stream.
Must Have Skills for Career in Humanities/Arts after Class 10
- A student planning to take up Humanities/Arts should have a creative bent of mind
- They should be receptive to new thoughts, ideas and perspectives
- They should have a seeking spirit
- A source of good, healthy imagination is always a plus
- They must be willing to develop their communication skills
- They should be dedicated to their subjects, and have a knack for theoretical learning
If this describes you, then by all means, Humanities/Arts is just the right stream for you.
Subject Combinations for Career in Humanities/Arts after Class 10
- Home Science
- Informatics Practice
- National Cadet Corps
- Physical Education
The availability of the above mentioned subjects depend upon certain factors like which school you are from, which board, your location, the year of passing, the demand of a particular subject in your area, and the availability of faculty. So, check with your school for the availability of subjects before taking a final call on your stream.
Most Common Career Options after 10th in Humanities/Arts Stream
There is no such thing as limited career options, and even if there was, that definitely does not apply to a student who takes up Humanities/Arts after Class 10. All you need to know is where you are right now, where you want to go in the future, and what is it that you love doing. If you have clarity in these terms, you will always know what is best for you.
But not all have all the answers right from the start, and that’s okay too. Given below is a list of courses after 10th in Humanities/Arts stream for your reference.
- Bachelor of Arts- Economics, Political Science, History, Sociology, Psychology, Foreign Languages, Geography, Philosophy, English, Hindi, Regional Languages, etc.
- Hotel Management/ Tourism
- Media Studies
- Creative Careers- Media Studies, Advertising, Film Making, Animation, etc.
- Digital Marketing
Top 3 Trending Career Options (Handpicked for your convenience)
- A modern reality which covers all areas of human life.
- Not only high paying but also great deal of job satisfaction and expression of creativity.
- Enter Early to learn the trade
- Multiple Avenues(Print/Electronic/Cyber)
- Open doors to films, TV, journalism, Public relations, Advertising, RJ, VJ, Publishing, production etc.
- A part of Hospitality Industry
- Professionals who can keep their cool in most challenging situations.
- With increasing salary and improving scope, career in hotel industry is now a renowned career option.
- Various Specialisations- Sales and Marketing, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Kitchen Operations, Culinary Arts etc.
- Opportunities at-Clubs, Hotels and Restaurants, Hospitals, Airlines, Cruise Ships, Universities
- Here Creativity Meets Strategy
- Create things which appeal to eyes.
- Eclectic Mix of Disciplines- Fashion/ Interior/ Accessories/ Footwear/ Apparel/ Product/ Graphic etc….
- Opportunities as freelancer, merchandiser, own studio
For further guidance on career after 10th in science, call our career experts @ 1800-212-7858 for a free counselling session.