Is A Career In Commerce After 10 Really For You?
Read on to know more about yourself and about the best courses after 10th in Commerce
By 18th May, 2018 | 02:40 pmShare
“Dream big. Start small. But most of all, start.”
It’s about time. Now that Class 10 results are out, you should start thinking about what next. But, first of all you must start thinking about which stream you should now choose. Take the first step to a bright future right now by choosing a stream that is right for you. The choice that you now will decide how broad or confined your career options will be in the future. So, think twice, and weigh the pros and cons of each stream before you fixate your choice.
Maths, Commerce or Science, what will it be? As it so happens, taking up Commerce can be your ticket open up various prestigious careers options for you. You can become a CA, CEO or CFO, and you can work with MNCs in important positions. You can even run your own business a few years from now. But, is it really for you?
Are You Cut Out for A Career in Commerce after Class 10?
Keep the options aside for the time being. Also, keep aside the 100,000 different opinions you may have got from parents, relatives, friends, teachers, and other well-wishers. Sure, they were trying to help! But this is your life, so the choices you make should also begin with YOU. So, probe yourself!
Are you that one student in the class who reads ‘The Economic Times’ daily? Maybe you even subscribe to magazines like ‘Entrepreneur’, and you secretly keep a track of what’s going up in the stock market. Or, you find yourself really interested when family conversations center on topics like these.
We won’t be surprised if you are also the School Captain. For, students interested in Commerce should be ever ready to take responsibilities. They must possess an inherent tendency of organizing and managing people working for or alongside you.
If this is so, you will have a gala time if you take up Commerce as a stream. You have the qualities of an entrepreneur in you.
Must Have Skills for Career in Commerce after Class 10
- A student planning to take up Commerce should have an analytical bent of mind
- They should be money minded (and we mean it in a nice way)
- They must have good communication skills
- They must be good with negotiations
- May be some of you have good bargaining skills, and that’s a plus
- They must have an aptitude for numbers
- They must be keenly interested in brands and business trends
- And leadership skills should have been at the top of the list but even then we couldn’t have stressed it enough.
If this describes you, then by all means, Commerce is just the right stream for you.
Subject Combinations for Career in Commerce after Class 10
- Legal Studies
- Home Science
- Informatics Practice
- National Cadet Corps
- Physical Education
The availability of the above mentioned subjects depend upon certain factors like which school you are from, which board, your location, the year of passing, the demand of a particular subject in your area, and the availability of faculty. So, check with your school for the availability of subjects before taking a final call on your stream.
Most Common Career Options after 10th in Commerce Stream
There is no such thing as limited career options, and even if there was, that definitely does not apply to a student who takes up Commerce after Class 10. All you need to know is where you are right now, where you want to go in the future, and what is it that you love doing. If you have clarity in these terms, you will always know what is best for you.
But not all have all the answers right from the start, and that’s okay too. Given below is a list of courses after 10th in Commerce stream for your reference.
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Economics
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)
- Company Secretary (CS)
- Cost & Work Accountant (CWA)
- Business Computing and Information System
- Management- BBA/BMS/BBS/BFIA
Unconventional Career Options after 10th in Commerce Stream
- Hotel Management/ Tourism
- Media Studies
- Creative Careers
- Digital Marketing
Top 3 Trending Career Options (Handpicked for your convenience)
- Offered at Both UG and PG level
- Good Packages
- Growth Oriented Course in Corporate World
- Multiple Disciplines: Human Resource Management, Marketing, Finance, Export Management, Foreign Trade, Event Management, Insurance Management, Operations Management etc.
- Great Demand in Last Two Decade
- No Longer Boring – Course with advantage of Technology.
- Endless Opportunities- Litigation, Law Firms, Corporates, Government, Judiciary, Social Work, Media, LPO, Academics, Research etc.
- Financial Security
- No Retirement Age
- From two to multiple specializations- Environment, Cyber, IPR, Sports, Securities etc
- High Status and Respect
- Never out of Job
- Opportunities in Accounting, Taxation, Corporate Finance, Law, Financial Planning
- Register after Appearing in Grade XII Examinations
- Entry through CA Foundation held twice a year
- Grade XII 2018 Pass-outs- Register before June 30, 2018
- Three Stages- CA Foundation à CA-Intermediate à CA-Final
- Includes 3 Years of Practical Training, called Article-ship
For further guidance on career after 10th in science, call our career experts @ 1800-212-7858 for a free counselling session.
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project