CBSE Working On Reduced Syllabus for Next Academic Year 2020-21
The new school session of CBSE 2020 will have reduced syllabus as per the statement released by HRD minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal.
The decision has been taken to reduce the burden from students considering the situation they are in. The official statement from the ministry said, “CBSE will assess the loss of instructional time for a proportionate reduction in curriculum load for exams. In accordance, course committees of the Board has initiated work on the reduced syllabus in various scenarios.”
This is also an indication for a reduced syllabus for the 2021 JEE and NEET exams. However, the final decision on how much to reduce will be only taken next year. This issue of cutting down the syllabus was initially raised by Delhi Education Minister Manish Sisodia in a meeting with HRD.
The 2020 JEE and NEET saw several postponements until the ministry said that will be held in July 2020. The ministry has also asked the parents of the students to not pressurize them as there is still a lot of time left for the entrance exams. This also means that students can still do exceedingly well if they plan their lessons and follow a strict timetable. The ministry has also encouraged students to follow digital notes that are available online.
The reduced syllabus will be ready in a month’s time and the key features of the reduction will be:
- Core elements of syllabus will be retained but duplicated chapters will be removed.
- Education will revolve around competency-based education and learning outcomes, as opposed to examination-based learning.
- Next year 20% questions in the exam will be case based and have connection to real life situations.
- Finally, a board official said that the whole ecosystem of education needs to adapt to this change as this change needs to be simultaneous.
If you need a comprehensive study plan to crack NEET 2020 or in the coming years, we have study packs covering mock tests, concept videos, weekly tests and more for NEET preparation. We offer sufficient online learning material for comfortably studying from home. Whether you are targeting NEET 2020, NEET 2021 or NEET 2022, TopperLearning enables you with sufficient online learning for comfortably studying from home.
Similarly We have study packs for students who are aiming for the exams in JEE Main 2020, JEE Main 2021 and JEE Main 2022. Our study packs include chapter-wise synopses, formulae, MIQs, mock tests and more.
Also get expert advice from subject matter experts and get your doubts cleared in 24 hours at Ask the expert or call our counsellor on 1800-212-7858.
MORE from Education
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project