Why first ionisation enthalpy of Mg is higher than Al
Asked by prashantyadav592 | 29th Jan, 2020, 09:39: AM
Electronic configurations of Mg=1s2 2s22p6 3s2
Electronic configuration of Al=1s2 2s22p6 3s2 3p1
Mg has the first ionizaation enthalpy higher than that of Al due to fullfilled s orbital, it required high energy to remove electron from outermost shell.
Answered by Ravi | 31st Jan, 2020, 02:24: PM
- Write electronic configuration of following elements in form of orbital notation and orbital diagram C
- pls solve
- Why zeff less than screening effect for copper and zinc
- show the electron distribution in fluorine atom.how many unpaired electrons are there in fluorine
- HOW TO FIND VALENCY USING spdf METHOD ?IS IT POSSIBLE?
- Difference between orbit and orbitals
- Explain in detail electronic configuration of atoms.
- state and explain n+l rule with example
- difference between stable atom and neutral atom
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number