NEET Physics Kinematics
Kinematics PDF Notes, Important Questions and Synopsis
- For motion in a straight line, the position to the right of the origin is taken as positive and that to the left of the origin is taken as negative.
- A body in straight line motion can have the line of path as vertical, horizontal or slanted.
- Path length is defined as the total length of the path traversed by an object.
- Distance: Total path length covered during a given time interval.
- Displacement: Shortest straight line distance between the initial and final position.
- Path length is greater or equal to the magnitude of the displacement between the same points.
- An object is said to be in uniform motion in a straight line if its displacement is equal in equal intervals of time. Otherwise, the motion is said to be non-uniform.
- Average speed: Total distance travelled divided by the total time taken.
- Average velocity: Total displacement divided by the total time taken.
- The average speed of an object is greater or equal to the magnitude of the average velocity over a given time interval.
- The slope of the x–t graph gives the velocity at a given instant.
- The position–time graph of a body in non-uniform motion is curved.
- The velocity–time graph of a body in non-uniform accelerated motion is curved.
- The slope of a v–t graph gives the acceleration at that instant.
- The area between the v–t graph and the time axis gives displacement.
- The steepness of the slope of the position–time graph gives us the magnitude of the velocity and its sign indicates the direction of the velocity.
- If the tangent to the position–time curve slopes upward to the right on the graph, then the velocity is positive.
- If the tangent to the position–time graph slopes downward to the right, then the velocity is negative.
- For one-dimensional motion, the slope of the velocity–time graph at a time gives the acceleration of the object at that time.
- A projectile is an object on which the only force acting is gravity.
- Projectile motion can be thought of as two separate simultaneously occurring components of motion along the vertical and horizontal directions.
- During a projectile’s flight, its horizontal acceleration is zero and its vertical acceleration is −9.8 m/s2.
- The trajectory of a particle in projectile motion is parabolic.
- When a body P moves relative to a body B and B moves relative to A, the velocity of P relative to A is the velocity of P relative to B + velocity of P relative to A.
- Motion of a boat in a stream
Let velocities of boat (A) and stream (B) be and , respectively, with respect to the ground.
The velocity of boat (A) with respect to stream (B) is
Time to cross the stream
Shortest interval to cross the stream
Time is minimum when the denominator is maximum, so at , the time to cross the stream is minimum.
- pls explain this answer ..
- A 300m long train is moving with uniform velocity of 90 kmper hour. the time taken by the train to cross another train of length 700m moving with same speed in opposite direction is
- is u²/4g is one of the formula to find max height of the projectile??
- Slope finding
- If two vectors are parallel to each other then angle between them is a)0 b)90 c)180 d) none of these
- Three forces 9,12,and 15 acting at a point are in equilibrium. The angle between 9N And 12N is
- if a body starts from rest and moving with constant acceleration .its momentum vs time graph will be
- ⭕ Answer in detail, thanks!
- . Preeti reached the metro station and found that the escalator was not working. She walked up the stationary escalator in time 𝑡1. On other days, if she remains stationary on the moving escalator, then the escalator takes her up in time 𝑡2. The time taken by her to walk up on the moving escalator will be (a) 𝑡1𝑡2 𝑡2− 𝑡1 (b) 𝑡1𝑡2 𝑡2+ 𝑡1 (c) 𝑡1− 𝑡2 (d) 𝑡1+𝑡2 2
- The numeric ratio of distance to displacement is
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number