what is the relation between or how we can predict the spontaniety of hemical process based on the standard electrode potential value?
To determine if a reaction is spontaneous or not, you must first isolate the two half-reactions. To do this, see the Related Questions link to the left "How do you balance a redox reaction?"
Once you have the two half-reactions, you must look at a table of standard potentials to find the values for the half-reactions occurring in the overall reaction in question. For a table of standard reduction potentials, see the Web Links to the left of this answer.
Standard potentials are almost always listed as reductions -- in other words the energy either require or released when an element gains an electron. However, a redox reaction always involves one species (an atom or molecule) gaining one or more electrons and another species losing one or more electrons. To convert a reduction potential into the opposite reaction, an oxidation reaction, just flip the direction of the arrow in the reaction and reverse the sign of the potential.
You have rated this answer /10
- Biology Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Chemistry Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Economics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Hindi Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Mathematics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Physics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science