CBSE Class 12-science Physics Force On Current Carrying Wire
- Sir Pl solve questions no 18
- Two wires carrying equal and opposite current are twisted together to reduce magnetic effect. What is the basis for this procedure?
- Two infinitely long parallel conductors carrying current in the same direction tend to attract each other. Derive the expression for the force per unit length.
- Two long parallel straight wires M and N separated by a distance 8 cm in the air carry currents 10 A and 12 A in opposite direction. Calculate the magnitude and direction of the force on a 22 cm length of wire N.
- What will happen if two linear current carrying conductors of unequal length are held parallel to each other?
- Two charges 5 C and 8 C separated by a distance of 10 cm are moving with velocity 15 m/s and 20 m/s respectively. What is the magnitude of force acting between these two charges?
- If two long parallel wires are suspended freely. What would be the effect if they are connected to a battery a) In series b) In parallel
- A rectangular loop of sides 20 cm × 10 cm carries a current of 10 A. Suppose the longer side of the rectangle is placed parallel at a distance of 5 cm to a conductor carrying 15 A current.
- A long straight conductor AB carries a current of 50 A and is fixed horizontally. Conductor CD lies parallel to AB at a distance of 5 cm in air. If CD carries a current I, calculate its magnitude of which it balances the weight of the conductor CD (Considering mass per unit length for conductor CD is 10-2 kg/m)
- Two conductors placed at a distance of 12 cm are parallel to each other and attract with a force of 10 N. If the current in one conductor is 5 A, find the current in other conductor.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number