CBSE Class 12-science Physics Moving Charges and Magnetism
Magnetic Lorentz ForceStudy Lorentz force acting on a charge moving in a magnetic field. Identify the trajectory of moving charge and work done by Lorentz force.
Motion in Combined E and B FieldsApplication of Lorentz force to design velocity selector. Study of the working principle of Particle Accelerator, that is, Cyclotron
Biot Savart LawState Biot-Savart Law. Apply right hand curl rule to find the direction of B due to straight current carrying and circular loop of wire.
1. Ampereandrsquo;s law states that the line integral over a closed loop of the magnetic field produced by a current distribution I :
2. If B is directed along the tangent to every point on the perimeter L of a closed current loop, then according to Ampereandrsquo;s law : BL = andmicro;0I
The Solenoid and Toroid1. A solenoid is a helical winding on a cylindrical core used to produce a nearly uniform magnetic field.
2. Magnetic field produced by solenoid is directly proportional to the number of turns of solenoid and is given as: B =m0nI.
3. The magnetic field is zero inside and outside the toroid.
Force on Current Carrying Wire1. Parallel wires carrying current in the same direction attract and carrying current in the opposite directions repel.
2. 1 ampere is that steady current in each of two parallel wires of infinite length, 1 m apart in empty space, causes each wire to experience a force of exactly 2x10-7 N/m of length.
Torque on Current Carrying LoopIdentify and study the forces and torque on current carrying loop placed in a uniform magnetic field