why mercury is liquid
Asked by aakash.shankar6 | 7th Aug, 2019, 09:21: PM
Because of weak bonding between mercury atoms, the melting point of mercury is very low which is -38.83 °C.
Therefore mercury found in the liquid state at room temperature at pressure.
Answered by Ramandeep | 8th Aug, 2019, 10:31: AM
- Consider the following chemical formula Fe2O3.xH2O What does xH2O refer here?
- Assertion- Silver articles become coated with a black layer upon exposure to air. Resaon- A layer of oxide gets deposited upon oxidation with air. A- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is the correct explanation of assertion. B- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is not the correct explanation of assertion. C- Assertion is true but reason is false. D- Reason is true but assertion is false Please provide an explanation too.
- what is an alloy? explain giving examples.
- What reaction takes place when copper gets tarnished. Name the products formed while it gets cleaned when we rub it with lemon or tamarind juice.
- How do metal displace hydrogen from dilute acids?
- What is rusting
- a metal which can be melt while, kept in palm
- how to learn the reactivity series..
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number