What reaction takes place when copper gets tarnished. Name the products formed while it gets cleaned when we rub it with lemon or tamarind juice.
Asked by tgreat181121 | 2nd Mar, 2019, 03:53: PM
Copper reacts with moist carbon dioxide in air to form copper carbonate and as a result, copper vessel loses its shiny brown surface forming a green layer of copper carbonate.
The citric acid present in the lemon or tamarind neutralises the basis copper carbonate and dissolves the layer.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 2nd Mar, 2019, 06:32: PM
- which is the most reactive element?
- calcium symbol
- Consider the following chemical formula Fe2O3.xH2O What does xH2O refer here?
- Assertion- Silver articles become coated with a black layer upon exposure to air. Resaon- A layer of oxide gets deposited upon oxidation with air. A- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is the correct explanation of assertion. B- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is not the correct explanation of assertion. C- Assertion is true but reason is false. D- Reason is true but assertion is false Please provide an explanation too.
- what is an alloy? explain giving examples.
- why mercury is liquid
- How do metal displace hydrogen from dilute acids?
- What is rusting
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number