Assertion- Silver articles become coated with a black layer upon exposure to air.
Resaon- A layer of oxide gets deposited upon oxidation with air.
A- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is the correct explanation of assertion.
B- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is not the correct explanation of assertion.
C- Assertion is true but reason is false.
D- Reason is true but assertion is false
Please provide an explanation too.
Asked by vandanawasan02 | 13th Feb, 2020, 09:24: AM
When silver is exposed to air, it becomes black due to sul;phide coating, although silver is not very reactive metal but with passage of time, it slowly reacts with oxygen in the air and forms silver oxide. Black color of layer is formed when it oxidises in Silver sulphide.
Answered by Ravi | 13th Feb, 2020, 11:03: AM
- which is the most reactive element?
- calcium symbol
- Consider the following chemical formula Fe2O3.xH2O What does xH2O refer here?
- what is an alloy? explain giving examples.
- why mercury is liquid
- What reaction takes place when copper gets tarnished. Name the products formed while it gets cleaned when we rub it with lemon or tamarind juice.
- How do metal displace hydrogen from dilute acids?
- What is rusting
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number