Consider the following chemical formula Fe2O3.xH2O
What does xH2O refer here?
Asked by vandana.bihari.vb | 5th Jun, 2020, 04:06: PM
Fe2O3 is a hygroscopic salt which means it can absorbed moisture from atmpsphere, therefore there is water present in its formula.
In the formula of ferric oxide Fe2O3.xH2O, the x represents the no. of moles of water molecules absorbed by ferric oxide.
Answered by Ramandeep | 5th Jun, 2020, 10:23: PM
- calcium symbol
- Assertion- Silver articles become coated with a black layer upon exposure to air. Resaon- A layer of oxide gets deposited upon oxidation with air. A- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is the correct explanation of assertion. B- Assertion and Reason both are correct and reason is not the correct explanation of assertion. C- Assertion is true but reason is false. D- Reason is true but assertion is false Please provide an explanation too.
- what is an alloy? explain giving examples.
- why mercury is liquid
- What reaction takes place when copper gets tarnished. Name the products formed while it gets cleaned when we rub it with lemon or tamarind juice.
- How do metal displace hydrogen from dilute acids?
- What is rusting
- a metal which can be melt while, kept in palm
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number