what is negative charge
Asked by ranjanpriy65 | 1st Apr, 2022, 12:32: PM
Electric charges are found to be occuring in nature as two types.
In one experiment. when glass rod is rubbed with silk cloth, it is found that glass rod is acquiring
one type of charge and silk cloth is acquiring other type of charges.
Similarly in other experiment, when plastic rod is rubbed with woolen cloth , charges acquired by
plastic rod and woolen cloth are of two different types.
It is found that the charges acquired by glass rod of first experiment and charges acquired by
woolene cloth in second experiment are same type
Similarly , It is found that the charges acquired by plastic rod of second experiment and charges
acquired by silk cloth in first experiment are same type.
Just like in number system, we have positive numbers and negative numbers ,
similar concept is applied to recognise the type of charges.
By convention, when glass rod is rubbed with silk cloth , glass rod is acquiring negative charge
and silk cloth is getting postive charge.
Similarly, By convention, when plastic rod is rubbed with woolen cloth , plastic rod is acquiring
positive charge and woolen cloth is getting negative charge.
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 1st Apr, 2022, 02:36: PM
- Please solve this Question..
- 6.25*10^12 electrons were removed from a glass rod. What is the magnitude of positive charge acquired by the glass rod?
- if we rubbed comb in hair and then we brought near paper then we see they get attract each other ,so in that case comb is negative or positive charge ?
- charge of electron is negative but in solving numericals why we take charge of the electron POSITIVE?????
- Pick the true statements about electric field lines It provides information about the direction of the electric field Electric field lines provide information about the type of charge Electric field lines provide information about the field strength All of the above
- when some charge given to a material spreads on the entire surface, it is a conductor. how? explain
- a charged sheet having surface charge density 15 ^-4 cm^-2 is given. find charge on sheet if it's surface area is 1000 cm^ 2
- state and explain coulombs law
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number