if we rubbed comb in hair and then we brought near paper then we see they get attract each other ,so in that case comb is negative or positive charge ?
Asked by prakashseema091 | 31st May, 2021, 03:18: PM
If comb that is made of plastic is rubbed in hair , hair will get positive charge and plastic will get negative charge
because electron affinity of plastic is greater than that of hair .
Hair has tendency to loose electron and plastic has tendency to gain electron .
After rubbing plastic comb in hair it gets negative charge . When this negative charged plastic comb is brought near small piece of paper,
side of paper piece near to plastic comb will get positive charge due to induction . Due to attractive forces between opposite charges ,
small paper piece is attracted to plastic comb.
In the case of Plastic comb is rubbed in hair , excess postive charges are created in plastic comb.
Whereas when charges induced in small piece of paper , side facing the plastic comb gets negative charge
due to force of attraction and positive charge will move to opposite side of small paper piece .
This is shown in above figure. Hence net charge on paper is zero
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 31st May, 2021, 04:58: PM
- what is negative charge
- charge of electron is negative but in solving numericals why we take charge of the electron POSITIVE?????
- Pick the true statements about electric field lines It provides information about the direction of the electric field Electric field lines provide information about the type of charge Electric field lines provide information about the field strength All of the above
- when some charge given to a material spreads on the entire surface, it is a conductor. how? explain
- a charged sheet having surface charge density 15 ^-4 cm^-2 is given. find charge on sheet if it's surface area is 1000 cm^ 2
- state and explain coulombs law
- what is electrostatic
- what is electric field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number