what is effective resisitance and how can we find it
Asked by abhinavpandey7345 | 4th Dec, 2020, 07:12: AM
A total resistance between the two points of a circuit is effective resistance of the two points.
For calculating the effective resistance, you need to see how are the resistors connected - whether they are in series or in parallel or in series as well as parallel combiation.
1) If the resistors are connected in parallel the effective resistance is given by formula
When the resistors R1 R2 R3 ...Rn are connected in series
effective resistance (Rs) = R1 + R2 + R3 ...Rn
When the resistors are connected in parallel
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 7th Dec, 2020, 11:17: PM
- Q. Find the current drawn from the battery by the network of 4 resistors shown in the diagram. Kindly Refer the file uploaded for diagram.
- please tell how to solve
- how to calculate the resistance if the resistors are inclined between parallel wires
- two lamps one rated 100w at 220 v and the other rated 200w at 220v are connected in 1.series 2. parallel to electirc main supplt of 220v. find the current drawn in each case
- Two lamps rated (100w, 220v) and (60w, 220v) are connected in parallel. which lamp consumes more energy and which one gives more brightness? Find the resistance of each lamp. ( Take supply voltage as 220 v).
- Find the equivalent resistance across wire A and B
- Is potential difference between different points of the circuit same or different
- Series combination proportional to its
- unit of electrical resistance
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number