the speed necessary to go into orbit around the earth is 8km/h.it is also necessary to travel about 200 km in order to get out of the atmosphere suppose a rocket can reach their speed after travelling 200 km under constant acceleration what could be the acceleration
Asked by priyabanswar9140 | 15th Oct, 2020, 11:30: AM
Let us assume the rocket has to travel a distance 200 km with constant acceleration
to reach final speed 8 km/hr [ 8 × (5/ 18) = 2.22 m/s]
Constant acceleration a is detrmined using following equation of motion , " v2 = u2 + ( 2 a S ) "
where v = 2.22 m/s is final speed , u is initial speed that is zero because rocket starts from rest
and S = 200 km is the distance travelled
2.22 × 2.22 = 2 × a × 200 × 103
we get constant acceleration a = 1.235 × 10-5 m/s2
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 17th Oct, 2020, 12:55: PM
- the velocity of a particle moving along x axis is given by v=x2 - x, where x is metre and v in m/s what is its position when velocity is minimum
- The distance between mumbai to delhi is 1384. A train starts from Mumbai at 4pm and reaches delhi at 10 am the next day.What is its average speed?
- the motion by body is described by the equation v=at square find the distance travelled by the body in the first 2second
- a man travels on a straight road from his home to the bank with a uniform speed of 18km/h for 10s and then travels with a uniform speed of 36 km/h for next 20 s on a straight road from bank to market. the average speed of the man for the whole journey is
- Derive an expression for average velocity and instantaneous velocity for the motion of an object in x-y plane.
- Particles moves a certain distance In a staright line as follows first 1/4th at V° next 1/2th at 2v2 last 1/4 th at v0 find avg speed
- from A to B speed is v⁰. From B to C during first half speed is v1 and during last half speed is v2 . Find Average Speed From A to C
- a particle has initial velocity of 9 m/s^2 and retardation of 2m/s^2.find the distance travelled in 5 th second
- A passenger in a train with speed 72 km/h observed another train coming from the opposite direction with speed 32.4 km/h. What's the length of the second train if it crosses the passenger in 10s?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number