the speed necessary to go into orbit around the earth is 8km/h.it is also necessary to travel about 200 km in order to get out of the atmosphere suppose a rocket can reach their speed after travelling 200 km under constant acceleration what could be the acceleration
Asked by priyabanswar9140 | 15th Oct, 2020, 11:30: AM
Let us assume the rocket has to travel a distance 200 km with constant acceleration
to reach final speed 8 km/hr [ 8 × (5/ 18) = 2.22 m/s]
Constant acceleration a is detrmined using following equation of motion , " v2 = u2 + ( 2 a S ) "
where v = 2.22 m/s is final speed , u is initial speed that is zero because rocket starts from rest
and S = 200 km is the distance travelled
2.22 × 2.22 = 2 × a × 200 × 103
we get constant acceleration a = 1.235 × 10-5 m/s2
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 17th Oct, 2020, 12:55: PM
- A passenger in a train with speed 72 km/h observed another train coming from the opposite direction with speed 32.4 km/h. What's the length of the second train if it crosses the passenger in 10s?
- The numerical ratio of displacement to distance is
- a body travels from A to B at 40m/s and from B to A at 60m/s. calculate the average speed and average velocity of the object.
- A man takes 40 seconds to complete one circle .radius of the circle is 10metre. Find the displacement after 20 seconds?
- What is a frame of referen5
- Draw the distance - time graph when it's speed decreases uniformly?
- an object starting from rest at t= 0 with uniform acceleration cover 6m/s^2 .calculate the average speed in t= 3 to t = 5
- Pls answer this!!
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number