Asked by Vidya | 7th Mar, 2019, 07:27: PM
(a) It is a first order reaction.
From the given data,
At t = 300 sec
Initial concentration [A0] = 1.6 Χ 10-2 mol/lit
Final Concentration [A] = 0.8 Χ 10-2 mol/lit
The rate of reaction is
Now at t = 600 sec
Initial concentration [A0] = 0.8 Χ 10-2 mol/lit
Final Concentration [A] = 0.4 Χ 10-2 mol/lit
Rate of reaction is,
As the value of rate constant k is constant in both cases, it is the first order reaction.
(a) The half life of reaction,
For first-order reactions,
The half-life of the reaction is 300 sec.
Answered by Varsha | 8th Mar, 2019, 12:51: PM
- 4.22 sum
- 4.32 numerical plz
- Write a condition under which a bimolecular reaction is kinetically first order. Give an example of such a reaction
- what is the order of reaction if rate of reaction becomes 3 times and concentration of reaction becomes 9 times
- please solve it
- The reaction 2NO2Cl → 2NO2 + Cl2 have the rate law: r = k [NO2Cl]. What is it mechanism?
- The order of a reaction A + B C is zero. Write its rate equation?
- The rate law for a reaction A + H2O → B is rate α [A]. Find the molecularity and order of the reaction.
- What are the units for the rate constant of first order reaction?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number