4.32 numerical plz
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 18th Sep, 2019, 10:02: PM
50% of reaction gets completed in 2 hr. that is, half life period of reaction is 2 hr.
Next half reaction gets completed in 2hr that is (25% half of reamaining 50%) half life period is 2 hr.
So the half life period of reaction is independent of concentration. Hence it is first order reaction.
Also, we can solve this by using equations for first order reaction,
t1/2 = 2 hr
k = 0.3465 hr−1
By using expression for first order reaction,
t = 4 hr
A = 100
(A-X) = 100- 75
By using expressions for first order reaction, we get same value of rate constant.
Hence it is confirmed that, it is a first order reaction.
Answered by Varsha | 19th Sep, 2019, 01:12: PM
- relation between k and t for first order reaction
- Definition of zero order, 1st order and 2nd order reaction
- The half life for a first order reaction is 10 mins .What percentage of reactant will be left behind after 60mins.
- 4.22 sum
- Write a condition under which a bimolecular reaction is kinetically first order. Give an example of such a reaction
- Pls answer
- what is the order of reaction if rate of reaction becomes 3 times and concentration of reaction becomes 9 times
- please solve it
- The reaction 2NO2Cl → 2NO2 + Cl2 have the rate law: r = k [NO2Cl]. What is it mechanism?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number