orthonylclorobenzene and paradiclorobenzene which one have more mealting point and boiling point?
Asked by gargimoitreyee | 20th Mar, 2018, 08:21: PM
The melting point and boiling point of para dichlorobenzene is higher than its ortho and meta isomers.
This is because para chlorobenzene has symmetrical structure and therefore molecules are closely packed in crystal lattice.
These molecules have strong intermolecular attraction.
Due to this, more energy is required to break the bonds.
Answered by Varsha | 21st Mar, 2018, 12:54: PM
- Why the compound is optically active even though there is center of symmetry
- both of them contain hydrogen bond in their enol form , then why 2 has more enol content than 1
- we were not taught stereoismoerism in class 11 so should I learn them before starting class 12 organic for class 12 boards
- I don't know isomerism except chain and ring so should I learn them before starting 12 th organic or there is no need?
- Write the name of two geometrical isomers
- How many isomers are possible for alkyl group C4H9??draw structure of all
- can alcohols nd ethers form functional pairs.if yes how
- How is d the answer of 19th
- orthonyl clorobenzene and paredicloro benzene which one is most reactive ? give reason
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number