Is potential difference between different points of the circuit same or different
Asked by chander_dadlani | 25th Apr, 2020, 02:28: PM
Whether the potential difference is same or different depends upon the connection of appliances or resistors in circuit.
1. If the resistors/ appliances are connected in series then the potential difference across the ends of appliances or resistances will be different.
For example: -
Observe the following series combination: -
the 4 ohm and 5 ohm resistors are connected in series thus if you measure potential difference across 4 ohm and then across 5ohm you will observe that potential difference across these two resistors will be different.
2. If the resistors/ appliances are connected in parallel then the potential difference across the ends of all the resistances/appliances connected in parallel will be same.
For example: -
From the above figure, you will see that 2 ohm and 3 ohm resistor are connected in parallel to each other thus the potential difference across these two resistors are same.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 25th Apr, 2020, 03:29: PM
- Q. Find the current drawn from the battery by the network of 4 resistors shown in the diagram. Kindly Refer the file uploaded for diagram.
- please tell how to solve
- what is effective resisitance and how can we find it
- how to calculate the resistance if the resistors are inclined between parallel wires
- two lamps one rated 100w at 220 v and the other rated 200w at 220v are connected in 1.series 2. parallel to electirc main supplt of 220v. find the current drawn in each case
- Two lamps rated (100w, 220v) and (60w, 220v) are connected in parallel. which lamp consumes more energy and which one gives more brightness? Find the resistance of each lamp. ( Take supply voltage as 220 v).
- Find the equivalent resistance across wire A and B
- Series combination proportional to its
- unit of electrical resistance
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number