CBSE Class 11-science Answered
(i) Balance the following equations by oxidation number method:
(1) Cu + HNO3 → Cu (NO3)2 + NO2 + H2O)
(2) K2Cr2O7 + HCl → KCl + CrCl3 + H2O + Cl2
(ii) Give reasons for the following:
(1) HNO3 acts only as an oxidising agent while HNO2 can act both as a
reducing agent and an oxidising agent.
(2) Chlorine liberates iodine from KI solution.
How will you convert the following? (Give balanced equation.)
(1) Sodium acetate to methane
Find the oxidation number of:
(1) S in Na2S4 O6
2) S in
Oxidation Number - Part 1This video explains competitive electron transfer reactions, oxidation numb...
Oxidation Number - Part 2This video explains the rules for the calculation of oxidation number, the ...
Oxidation Number - Exam DecodedThis video contains practice questions on oxidation number.