actinide and actinide contraction refers to
Asked by ghoshmahadev037 | 20th Sep, 2020, 11:45: AM
Actinides are elements with atomic numbers from 90 to 103 following element Actinium. They include naturally occurring elements of thorium, protactinium and uranium and eleven transuranic i.e., artificially produced by nuclear reactions. Nevertheless, all actinides are radioactive.
The atomic size/ ionic radii of tri positive actinides ions decrease steadily from Th to Lw due to increasing nuclear charge and electrons entering inner (n-2) f orbital. This gradual decrease in the size with an increasing atomic number is called actinide contraction.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 21st Sep, 2020, 01:23: PM
- copper nitrate radical test experiment for practical with proper method to write in copy
- pls explain
- Give solubility order for alkali metal oxides.
- Give solubility order for i) alkali metal bicarbonates, ii) silver halides.
- Pl ans fast ..n all the parts pl experts
- Why zeff equivalent to screening effect for Fe Co and ni
- Why zeff greater than screening effect for sc, ti,vn,cr and Mn
- A green oxide of chromium A on fusion with KOH and KNO3, gives a yellow compound B. The aqueous solution of B on acidification with diluted H2SO4 gives an Orange coloured compound C. Identify A,B,C and write down balanced chemical equations involved.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number