a charged sheet having surface charge density 15 ^-4 cm^-2 is given. find charge on sheet if it's surface area is 1000 cm^ 2
Asked by nehasunda100 | 17th Apr, 2021, 05:31: AM
Surface charge density is not properly given in text . Units of surface charge density should be charge /area.
I assume surface charge density as , 10-4 C / m2 as seen from image .
Charge = surface charge density × area = 10-4 × 1000 × 10-4 = 1000 × 10-8 C = 10 μC
Charge = volume charge density × volume
volume charge density = 1 μC / m3
volume = (4/3)πr3 = (4/3)π × 43 × 10-6
Charge = (4/3)π × 43 × 10-6 × 10-6 = 268 × 10-12 C
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 17th Apr, 2021, 09:48: AM
- what is negative charge
- if we rubbed comb in hair and then we brought near paper then we see they get attract each other ,so in that case comb is negative or positive charge ?
- charge of electron is negative but in solving numericals why we take charge of the electron POSITIVE?????
- Pick the true statements about electric field lines It provides information about the direction of the electric field Electric field lines provide information about the type of charge Electric field lines provide information about the field strength All of the above
- when some charge given to a material spreads on the entire surface, it is a conductor. how? explain
- state and explain coulombs law
- what is electrostatic
- what is electric field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number