Top 10 Questions in Social Studies CBSE Class 10 Exam - 2020
Check top 10 important Social Studies questions and answers that will help you plan your study and revision in CBSE Class 10 Social Studies exam - 2020
The CBSE Class 10 Social Science paper is divided into two sections and is for 80 marks. The question paper has a set of 26 questions with a few optional questions. However, all questions are compulsory, and the student gets 3 hours to complete the paper.
CBSE Class 10 Social Studies question paper is an amalgamation of very short answer questions and long answer questions. Therefore, it is important that the student is thorough with each topic and studies every important detail. To give the students a fair idea of what they can expect, our academic experts have listed a few important questions to help the students with revision. These questions are drafted after the experts do extensive research on the question paper pattern.
Q1. Explain how culture influenced the development of nationalism in Europe in the 19th century. (5)
Introduction: Culture played an important role in creating the idea of the nation through art and poetry, stories and music. It shaped nationalistic feelings in Europe.
- Romanticism was a cultural movement which helped in developing forms of nationalist sentiment. Romantic artists and poets generally criticised the glorification of reason and science and instead focused on emotions, intuition and mystical feelings.
- Their effort was to create a sense of a shared collective heritage, a common cultural past, as the basis of a nation.
- Other Romantics such as the German philosopher Johann Gottfried Herder claimed that true German culture was to be discovered among the common people – das volk. It was through folk songs, folk poetry and folk dances that the true spirit of the nation (volksgeist) was popularised.
- The emphasis was laid on vernacular language and the collection of local folklore not to just recover an ancient national spirit, but also to carry the modern nationalist message to people who were mostly illiterate.
- Though Poland at this time was not an independent country, national feelings were kept alive through music and language. Karol Kurpinski, for example, celebrated the national struggle through his operas and music.
Conclusion: We see that ‘culture’ reflected through art, languages, folk tales, poetry and music played an important role in the development of nationalism in Europe.
Q2. How did people belonging to different communities, regions or language groups in India develop a sense of collective belonging? (5)
Q3. The printing press in India shaped the nature of debate over religious and social reform movement in India. Discuss. (5)
Q4. In India, elections are all about caste and nothing else. Do you agree? Give reasons. (3)
Q5. How is democracy accountable and responsive to the needs and expectation of the citizens? Analyse. (3)
Q6. The flexibility in language policy shown by Indian political leaders helped our country in avoiding the kind of situation that Sri Lanka found itself in. Do you agree? Give reasons. (5)
Q7. Why is there a pressing need for using renewable energy sources in India? Explain any three reasons. (3)
Q8. Textile industries occupies unique position in the Indian economy’. Justify by giving three arguments. (3)
Q9. What are the factors which has facilitated globalisation? (3)
Q10. Cheap and affordable credit must be available to all. Elaborate. (3)
Review all the important answers and practice material for CBSE Class 10 exam 2020 click here:
Also check the following articles for the preparation of other papers in the ongoing CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2020:
You may also get expert advice from subject matter experts and get your doubts cleared in 24 hours at Ask the expert or call our counsellor on 1800-212-7858.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project