Write four points of difference between progressive waves and stationary waves.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Progressive waves :
1. The disturbance travels onward, it being handed over from one particle to the adjoining particle.
2. Energy is trasferred in thex medium along the waves.
3. The amplitude of vibration of each particle is the same.
4. No particle of the medium is permanently at rest.
Stationary waves :
1. The disturbance is confined to a particular region and there is no onward motion.
2. There is no transference of energy in the medium.
3. The amplitude of vibration of the particles changes from zero at nodes to maximum at antinodes.
4. The particles of the medium at nodes are permanently at rest.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number