Why?????????

Asked by adityaduhanomprakash | 17th Oct, 2009, 10:13: PM

Expert Answer:

Dear student,

 We feel a shock due to the potential difference between the naked wire and our body. Please note that the wire will possess some potential as some potential difference is required for the flow of electrons in conductor. Thus when we touch the wire(our body being at ground potential), a potential difference is developed and we feel a shock.

Answered by  | 17th Oct, 2009, 10:51: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.