Why water potential is always negative?
Asked by kyntiw19 | 13th May, 2021, 09:18: AM
Water pontential is negative when some solute is dissolved in pure water. So solution has fewer free water and the concemtration of water decreases reducing it's water potential. The magnitude of this lowering is due to dissolution of solute called solute potential which is always negative.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 13th May, 2021, 06:59: PM
- which alkaloid is present in neem plant
- what is turgor pressure
- the pressure responsible for the movement of water molecules across the cortical cells of the roots.
- why does guttation occur in plants?
- what is absorbption?
- Define absorbtion
- Cortical cells are predominantly present in: 1- permanent tissue 2-meristematic tissues 3- endodermis 4- cortical region
- Give reason. Wooden frames of doors get jammed during the monsoon season.
- Correct the following statement: The cell sap of root hair is hypotonic.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number