Why do water spin when in a sink when plughole is removed. In which direction is the spin observed in northern hemisphere and in southern hemisphere. What makes them to spin in two different directions in different hemispheres ? Is it Coriols Effect ?
Asked by 9652171176n | 4th Aug, 2018, 07:22: PM
- Coriolis effect will only apply if the sink is perfectly flat and smooth.
- It also applies in natural air current movements or cyclones.
- But the commercially manufactured sinks and basins do not witness coriolis effect.
- In such basins or sinks, what affects the direction of flow of water is the shape of basin, its angle with respect to the base, the direction of the water flow at which it initially starts to flow.
- Thus, a commercially used water basin or sink will not behave differently in different hemispheres.
- However, a larger and a natural flow like the movement of cyclone in the atmosphere is goverened by the coriolis effect.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 6th Aug, 2018, 07:01: PM
- What is resistance
- what is meant by solenoid?
- Describe an activity to 1) demonstrate the pattern of magnetic field lines around a straight conductor carrying current and 2) find the direction of the magnetic field produced for a given direction of current in a conductor. Answer has not been uploaded for this question even though it says that it has been answered
- Describe an activity to 1) demonstrate the pattern of magnetic field lines around a straight conductor carrying current and 2) find the direction of the magnetic field produced for a given direction of current in a conductor.
- What is the direction of the magnetic field?
- Explain briefly about magnetic field
- The given bar magnet is divided into three parts X ,Y ,Z Name the part where the strength of magnetic field is maximum minimum How will the density of magnetic field lines differ at these parts?
- does the strength of solenoid increase if we keep iron inside?
- In what direction will a magnetic compass deflect if it is placed on the west side of a wire which is carrying current in a vertically upward direction?
- what happen when a magnet placed in space
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number