what is xylem and pholem
Asked by Srinjan | 16th Apr, 2017, 08:27: AM
Xylem is the type of transport tissue in vascular plants. Its basic function is to transport water, but it also transports some nutrients through the plant.It contains xylem parenchyma, xylem sclerenchyma, vessel elements and tracheids,
Phloem is the living tissue that carries organic nutrients (known as photosynthate), in particular, sucrose, a sugar, to all parts of the plant where needed. The phloem is concerned mainly with the transport of soluble organic material made during photosynthesis.It contains companion cells, sieve tubes, phloem parenchyma, intermediary cells, and bast fibers.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 16th Apr, 2017, 05:23: PM
- which alkaloid is present in neem plant
- Why water potential is always negative?
- what is turgor pressure
- the pressure responsible for the movement of water molecules across the cortical cells of the roots.
- why does guttation occur in plants?
- what is absorbption?
- Define absorbtion
- Cortical cells are predominantly present in: 1- permanent tissue 2-meristematic tissues 3- endodermis 4- cortical region
- Give reason. Wooden frames of doors get jammed during the monsoon season.
- Correct the following statement: The cell sap of root hair is hypotonic.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number