What is junk food? How does prolonged consumption of junk food affect us?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 17th Jun, 2016, 04:45: PM
Junk food refers to any food which is high in salt, fat, sugar or calories and low in nutrient content.
Fried snacks, aerated drinks, gum, sugar candy, most sweets and desserts are examples of junk food.
Prolonged consumption of such foods can deprive the body of a balanced diet which may lead to problems such as diabetes, heart diseases and obesity.
Obesity is a condition where excess fat accumulates in the body.
Answered by | 17th Jun, 2016, 06:45: PM
- How many componenets of food are there in science
- How solve the testing for nutrients?
- Q1 What are carbohydrates? Name the type s of carbohydrates with three example of each type. Q2 what is the role of fatin our body? Name any four sources each of plant and animal fats.
- How will you test the present of starch in a food?
- Oil and ghee are needed in a small amount in our diet. Explain.
- Discuss the importance of minerals.
- How can one prevent the loss of nutrients from food?
- What happens when a child is deficient in proteins? Discuss the symptoms.
- <div>Does insoluble roughage helps in blood circulation?</div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div><span style="color: #ff0000;">GIVE THE ANSWER BEFORE 4:30 P.M</span></div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number