What happens when a child is deficient in proteins? Discuss the symptoms.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 17th Jun, 2016, 04:47: PM
Deficiency of protein can cause kwashiorkor in children.
The symptoms are
The hair of a child changes colour and becomes red.
The stomach swells and bulges with the swelling of feet.
The child has stunted growth and reduced immunity.
Answered by | 17th Jun, 2016, 06:47: PM
- How many componenets of food are there in science
- How solve the testing for nutrients?
- Q1 What are carbohydrates? Name the type s of carbohydrates with three example of each type. Q2 what is the role of fatin our body? Name any four sources each of plant and animal fats.
- How will you test the present of starch in a food?
- Oil and ghee are needed in a small amount in our diet. Explain.
- Discuss the importance of minerals.
- What is junk food? How does prolonged consumption of junk food affect us?
- How can one prevent the loss of nutrients from food?
- <div>Does insoluble roughage helps in blood circulation?</div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div><span style="color: #ff0000;">GIVE THE ANSWER BEFORE 4:30 P.M</span></div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number