How can one prevent the loss of nutrients from food?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 17th Jun, 2016, 04:46: PM
- It is important that food is cooked right so that its nutrients are not lost.
- Vegetables and fruits must be washed before cutting them which will prevent the loss of nutrients.
- If vegetables have to be peeled, then the peels must be as thin as possible to prevent the loss of nutrients.
- Repeated washing of rice and pulses may remove water-soluble vitamins.
- Many nutrients and minerals are lost when excess water used for cooking is thrown away. Overcooking of food must also be avoided.
Answered by | 17th Jun, 2016, 06:46: PM
- How many componenets of food are there in science
- How solve the testing for nutrients?
- Q1 What are carbohydrates? Name the type s of carbohydrates with three example of each type. Q2 what is the role of fatin our body? Name any four sources each of plant and animal fats.
- How will you test the present of starch in a food?
- Oil and ghee are needed in a small amount in our diet. Explain.
- Discuss the importance of minerals.
- What is junk food? How does prolonged consumption of junk food affect us?
- What happens when a child is deficient in proteins? Discuss the symptoms.
- <div>Does insoluble roughage helps in blood circulation?</div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div><span style="color: #ff0000;">GIVE THE ANSWER BEFORE 4:30 P.M</span></div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number