Q1 What are carbohydrates? Name the type s of carbohydrates with three example of each type.
Q2 what is the role of fatin our body? Name any four sources each of plant and animal fats.
Asked by Iqbalfarhan610 | 5th May, 2019, 12:51: PM
1. A carbohydrate is a biomolecule consisting of carbon (C), hydrogen (H) and oxygen (O) atoms that are mainly sugars and starches that the body breaks down into glucose.
The three types of carbohydrates are monosaccharides, disaccharides and polysaccharides.
Example of monosachharides are fructose, glucose and galactose.
Example of disachharides are sucrose, maltose and lactose.
Example of polysachharides is starch.
i. They act as messengers, helping proteins do their jobs.
ii. They also start chemical reactions involved in growth, immune function, reproduction and other aspects of basic metabolism.
Sources of plant fats: Avocado, olive oil, sesame oil, and other vegetable oils
Sources of animal fats: Dairy products such as milk, butter, meat and lamb.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 5th May, 2019, 08:33: PM
- How many componenets of food are there in science
- How solve the testing for nutrients?
- How will you test the present of starch in a food?
- Oil and ghee are needed in a small amount in our diet. Explain.
- Discuss the importance of minerals.
- What is junk food? How does prolonged consumption of junk food affect us?
- How can one prevent the loss of nutrients from food?
- What happens when a child is deficient in proteins? Discuss the symptoms.
- <div>Does insoluble roughage helps in blood circulation?</div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div><span style="color: #ff0000;">GIVE THE ANSWER BEFORE 4:30 P.M</span></div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div> </div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number