what is electropositive chracter, &electronegative chracter.
Asked by nannu1142 | 21st Feb, 2008, 02:27: PM
Electropositive means that the element has the tendency to loose electron, and form positive ion that is cation. Such elements will have low ionisation energy and weak nuclear pull.
Electronegative means to add electron and form negative ion that is anion. These have high electron affinity and nuclear pull to add electron
Answered by | 7th Dec, 2017, 06:40: PM
- chemical bonding
- anthinodes lanthinodes
- what is inert pair effect?
- maximum covalence of nitrogen is 4 but the heavier elements of group 15 shows covalence greater than 4.Why?
- Sir, Can you give all the important equations in p and s block elements ?
- Why group 18 elements have zero affinity?
- Name two factors on which the electronegativity of an atom depend.
- Name the factors on which the metallic character of an element depends.
- Write the order of thermal stability of hydrides of group 16 elements.
- The boiling point of NH3 is higher than the boiling point of PH3. Explain.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number