maximum covalence of nitrogen is 4 but the heavier elements of group 15 shows covalence greater than 4.Why?
Asked by Daisysnaitz | 24th Apr, 2020, 01:07: AM
Maximum covalence of nitrogen is 4 but other elements of group 15 show covalence greater than 4 because Nitrogen has only 4 orbitals in the valence shell and other elements of group 15 have vacant d orbitals.
Answered by Ravi | 24th Apr, 2020, 10:02: AM
- chemical bonding
- anthinodes lanthinodes
- what is inert pair effect?
- Sir, Can you give all the important equations in p and s block elements ?
- Why group 18 elements have zero affinity?
- Name two factors on which the electronegativity of an atom depend.
- Name the factors on which the metallic character of an element depends.
- Write the order of thermal stability of hydrides of group 16 elements.
- The boiling point of NH3 is higher than the boiling point of PH3. Explain.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number