Write the order of thermal stability of hydrides of group 16 elements.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 10th Jun, 2014, 09:24: AM
On moving down the group, there is a decrease in the bond dissociation enthalpy(H-E) of hydrides with increase in atomic size.
So the thermal stability of hydrides decreases down the group.
H2O > H2S > H2Se>H2Te> H2Po
Answered by | 10th Jun, 2014, 11:24: AM
- chemical bonding
- anthinodes lanthinodes
- what is inert pair effect?
- maximum covalence of nitrogen is 4 but the heavier elements of group 15 shows covalence greater than 4.Why?
- Sir, Can you give all the important equations in p and s block elements ?
- Why group 18 elements have zero affinity?
- Name two factors on which the electronegativity of an atom depend.
- Name the factors on which the metallic character of an element depends.
- The boiling point of NH3 is higher than the boiling point of PH3. Explain.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number