CBSE Class 12-science Chemistry Trends in Properties of p Block
- maximum covalence of nitrogen is 4 but the heavier elements of group 15 shows covalence greater than 4.Why?
- Sir, Can you give all the important equations in p and s block elements ?
- Why group 18 elements have zero affinity?
- Name two factors on which the electronegativity of an atom depend.
- Name the factors on which the metallic character of an element depends.
- Write the order of thermal stability of hydrides of group 16 elements.
- The boiling point of NH3 is higher than the boiling point of PH3. Explain.
- Halogens have maximum negative electron gain enthalpy in their respective periods of the periodic table. Explain.
- Among noble gases and group 16 elements which one has higher ionisation enthalpy and why?
- Give reasons for the following: (i) Fluorine atom is more electronegative than iodine atom but HF has lower acidic strength than HI.(ii) The electron affinity of fluorine is less than that of chlorine but the oxidizing power of fluorine is greater than that of chlorine.
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number