State some applications of thermal expansion.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 13th Apr, 2015, 03:20: PM
Applications of Thermal expansion are:
a. Some space is always left between the girders used for supporting bridge.
b. To remove a stuck glass stopper the neck of the bottle is heated.
c. Clock pendulum is made up of invar which has very low coefficient of linear expansion which helps in keeping the correct time.
Answered by | 13th Apr, 2015, 05:20: PM
- Calculate the change in volume of an iron block 10cm ×20cm×5cm if its temperature is raised from 10°c to 40°c Given coefficient of linear expansion of iron = 1.2×10^-5 °c ^-1
- what is thermal expantion
- 9. The resistance of a resistance thermometer has values 2.70Q and 3.70Q at OOC and 1000C respectively. The temperature at which the resistance is 3.100 is
- what is the relationship between alpha and gamma
- Thermal expansion
- What is heat? What is the unit of heat?
- Which instrument is used to measure temperature? What are the various scales of temperature? Write the expression stating the relation between various scales of temperature.
- What is Joule's Mechanical Equivalent of Heat?
- What is thermal expansion? What are its types?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number