SIR I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT WHY MAGNETIC FIELD LINES CHANGES IN CIRCULAR LOOP OR STRAIGHT CURRENT CARRYING WIRE AND WHAT ARE THEIR POLES WHEN ELECTRIC CURRENT IS PASSED THROUGH IT.
Asked by Ikshit | 19th Jul, 2016, 03:58: PM
We know that a current carrying wire is able to deflect a magnetic compass needle. So we can conclude that a current flowing in a wire always gives rise to a magnetic field around it. The magnetic field lines around a straight conductor carrying a current are concentric circles. The direction of the magnetic field produced in the wire depends on the direction of the current flowing in the wire.
Similarly, when a current is passed through the circular loop of wire, a magnetic field is produced around it. The magnetic field lines form concentric circles. The circles become larger and larger as one moves away from the loop. If the direction of current around the face of circular wire flows in clockwise direction, then that face of the wire will be South pole. If the direction of current around the face of circular wire flows in anti-clockwise direction, then that face of the wire will be North pole.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 20th Jul, 2016, 11:21: AM
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
- What type of magnets are present when a electric cell of 1.5V is connected to the DC motor. Note: This is regular DC motor.
- Explain the activity to show the end is produced along the straight current carrying conductor
- In Fleming's left hand rule which finger show the direction of magnetic field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number