Pl ans sir ...
Asked by jain.pradeep | 30th Aug, 2019, 04:13: PM
O-nitrophenol has intramolecular Hydrogen bonding. When it is dissolved in water it is less because it does not form intermolecular hydrogen bond with water.
m-nitrophenol and p-nitrophenol forms intermolecular Hydrogen bond with water so it is more soluble. So Assertion is correct.
Reason- m and p nitro phenol exists as associated molecule due to their intermolecular hydrogen bonding.
So Assertion and Reason both are true but reason is not explanation of Assertion.
Answered by Ravi | 30th Aug, 2019, 07:11: PM
- Phenol is less acidic than a. ethanol b. o-nitrophenol c. o-methylphenol d. o-methoxyphenol
- sir/madam pls help me to answer both the questions plssss......
- C6H6O + CO2 + NaOH --
- How phenol is used in the manufacture of drugs like aspirin?
- Which one among alcohols and phenols are more acidic and why?
- State the general uses of phenol.
- Write a short note on Reimer Tiemann reaction.
- What happens when phenol is heated with phthalic anhydride in presence of conc. H2SO4?
- How can you get p-cresol from Phenol?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number