Asked by sayeedafatima250 | 9th Apr, 2021, 10:12: AM
Let n be number of pulleys , T be tension in the cord and f is total friction force in the system ,
then we have
L + f = n T = n E
where E is effort which is equal to Tension T
Hence , number of pulleys n = ( L + f ) / E .............. (1)
Let us assume acceleration due to gravity g = 10 m/s2 .
friction force f = 300 N = 300 /10 = 30 kgf
Hence number of pulleys n is determined from eqn.(1)
n = ( 120 + 30 ) / 25 = 6
Mechanical advantage MA = ( L / E ) = [ ( n E ) - f ] / E = n - ( f / E ) = 6 - ( 30/25) = 4.8
Velocity ratio VR = number of pulleys = n
Efficiency = ( MA ) / ( VR ) = 4.8 /6 = 0.8
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 9th Apr, 2021, 04:22: PM
- Please tell me this question
- A block and tackle system has 4 Pulley to lift the load of 840 Newton through a distance of 12 metre the weight of the movable Pulley is 20 Newton
- the velocity ratio of block and tackle system of police 9 if its efficiency is 95% done by applying an effort of 250 Newton what maximum load can be lifted by pulley system
- what is the First Method Of Combination Of Pulley ?
- ex. 3b numerical 11
- ex. 3b numerical 10
- A block and tackle system has velocity ratio 3 . Draw a labelled diagram of system indicating the point of application and direction of load and effort. A man can exert a pull of 200 kgf. a) what is maximum load he can raise with this pulley system if its efficiency is 60%? b) if effort end moves a distance 60 cm,what distance does the load move?
- Combination of pulleys
- A pully system with V.R. = 4 is used to lift a load of 175 kgf through a vertical height of 15m. The effort required is 50 kgf in the downword direction.(g= 10N/kg) Calculate: (1) Distance moved by the effort. (2) work done by the effort. (3) M.A. of the pully system. (4) efficiancy of the pully.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number