How can we easily remember the Naming of carbon compond
Asked by 9886761796hmh | 17th Oct, 2019, 08:10: PM
There is need to remeber name of Carbon compounds. Naming of compounds are done by certain rules of IUPAC.
For naming we use prefix+Root word+suffix
Root word suffix
For 1 carbon-Meth For alkane- ane
For 2 carbon -Eth For alkene-ene
For 3 carbon-prop For alkyhne-yne
For 5 carbon-Pent For alcohol-Ol
For 6 carbon-Hex
For 7 carbon-Hept
For 8 carbon-Oct
For 9 carbon-Non
For 10 carbon-Dec
Answered by Ravi | 18th Oct, 2019, 05:22: PM
- Structure of diamond and graphite using vsepr theory
- Respected Mam/Sir Can you pls give me the definition of butane ring..Where it is used? Is it neccesary to use it or is there any other way other than using it?
- A mixture of O2 and ethyne is used for welding purpose. Can you tell why a mixture of ethyne and air is not used?
- Explain how the fullerenes can be made good conductor of electricity
- lewis dot structure and explanation of H2SO4 and CO
- Show me the electron dot structure of CH2(Methylene).Also show the bonding.(2 or 3 marks)
- What are carbon compounds?
- mam/sir, I made one formula to find the number of covalent bonds between the hydrocarbon so please will you tell me that it really works or not
- What is the importance of homologous series
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number